Let’s talk about stress and anxiety today. We are living a very fast paced life. Keeping up with the trend and still maintaining the aesthetics of life has become like an everyday task. We are constantly trying to prove ourselves and most of us end up being anxious.
Stress and anxiety have become a part of life and we need to consciously put efforts to find a balance. Whether you are a working professional, freelancer, working mom or stay at home mom, you always have a list of things you have to do and there is always a deadline you have to meet.
Adding to all this is internet. We either work or check out what’s happening in the world. It’s the era of FOMO and we are trying hard to always fit in and staying updated.
For me overthinking and over analyzing the situation brings in the anxiety. Another major reasons of anxiety for me is procrastination. I swear it’s the worst thing.
Is there a way to get out of it?
There’s always a way out if you try just enough. Stress and anxiety keep deepening their roots if you don’t take them seriously. It may transition into depression, increasing of blood sugar levels, exertion and even blood pressure problems.
So it’s important to take care of yourself and give yourself blessing of self-care.
There are certain things that have helped me to manage the stress and anxiety that used to affect my mental health. Let’s quickly list them.
- No one will care about you the way you will. So don’t expect others to ask you, “What’s the matter?” “Why are you upset?” “Can I help?” Instead reach out for help. Talk to your partner, talk to your friend, have a chat with your mom or dad. Share your insecurities and never bottle up.
- Don’t make a list in your mind, instead pen down. It will help the load get off your mind.
- After you have penned down, prioritize. Divide the work according the priority and work according to it. Make sure to tick it once done. This will help you make feel good about yourself and you will know what the progress is and how you have to deal with the pending work.
- Take time off the internet. Fix the screen time and stick to it. Start with taking an hour off.
- Count your blessings. This will help you to focus on positive things.
- Read self-help books. Listen to podcasts. These help to bring clarity in life.
- Take breaks. Watch some series, movie, take a nap, dance or listen to music. Empty your mind and relax your body.
Other than these there are various things that you can do to keep your mind relaxed.
- Learn something new. Internet is flooded with easy DIYs and beginners lessons. You can start with learning new language, photography tips, dance steps, painting or anything of your interest.
- Painting and doodling helps a lot as you get focused on your art rather than over-thinking. I got an adult coloring book and it has helped to de-clutter my mind.
- Yoga and breathing exercises always help. Give 30 minutes to your body every day. Go for a walk or just dance on random songs.
- At last, a vacation is always a good idea.
I am a much more relaxed person now. Although I have to work on procrastination but I can say that I don’t get anxious frequently now.
Everything I mentioned is from my experience. And if you think your problems are much more deeper and these things won’t help you, please get professional help. You deserve to feel better.
If there is something you would like to share that helps you, please feel free to share with me.